Somewhere Project


For this project I struggled to come up with a photo I wanted to place myself into because a lot of my clothes are still back in Tampa. I began to think about different movies and artists I liked and being a huge fan of One Direction since middle school really swayed me to pick this album cover as my topic for this project. I began by choosing which member I wanted to remove and decided to remove Liam because he is super problematic now a days. I removed him by using the clone tool, I then took a couple of photos because I wanted to have options on which one to use. I then transformed all my photos into black and white and used the quick selection tool to remove myself from my first photo and insert myself into the album cover. It took me a while to remember how to place myself behind an object, but once I did figured that out it was easier for me to complete. 

Hours to complete: 2 1/2 hours

Below is the original album cover:


Comments

  1. I love One Direction and appreciate that you put yourself in this album! The top one looks really awesome, and you did a good job putting yourself over Liam. My only suggestion would be playing a little more with the lighting on your face in the bottom. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! If i decide to mess around with it i’ll definitely change the lighting.

      Delete
  2. This is super cool! I like how you made similar expressions to Liam for when you replaced him. I couldn't tell that you had replaced someone, so you did a good job putting yourself into the picture. The only suggestion I have would be to have increased the contrast between the black and white to match the lighting better in the original. Overall, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I wasn’t sure how to mess around with the contrast but i’ll look into it next time!

      Delete
  3. Andrea, this is a great project. I like the way you went for the black and white band look and it fits really great together. I think the only improvement could be the difference in the vibrance of light on your face compared to the other band members. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the feedback! I agree that the light on my face is different, i’ll definitely look into messing with it next time!

      Delete
  4. I think you did a great job with this project and especially with the way you chose your clothing to fit the photo. The only advice I would give you would be to adjust the lighting on your face as well as reduce the opacity of the shadow behind your head. Overall, great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choice to recreate the One Direction album cover. I think you top photo is spot on. It looks like you are there with them. On the bottom I would have positioned your head more towards the center. Since you are facing an angle it looks a little out of place. However, the overall end result came together well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I had a much harder time doing my bottom photo because of the positioning. But if i were to mess with this again i would probably take a new photo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Cards

Autoscopy Project