Autoscopy Project


For my Autoscopy project I focused on how I miss being able to go outside and interact with people and just exist in nature because of COVID-19. Being stuck inside I feel like I get cabin fever and it makes me go insane. I am lucky I am able to go out onto my back porch and get fresh air but I wish I could go to the beach or to the woods and explore. I included two photos, the first being me made up of trees and leaves, the second showing a flower behind my face. I included both photos to make it as though I am wearing a mask and behind that mask is a flower, showing the real me.  I chose an orange flower because I feel like I am rooted outdoors and I get all my energy from being outside in the sun. I wanted it to seem as though I am made up of nature and if I look deep within myself I am a flower, constantly in bloom. I chose to use the trees because I feel as though I was uprooted and taken out of my place of comfort because of this virus, everything feels out of place but I continue to grow despite my environment.
I didn't really enjoy this project, although I do like the outcome because I felt as though there was no clear direction on what I had to do. This project ended up taking me about 3-4 hours to complete because I kept messing around with the patterns I was using. 

this is the original image:

Comments

  1. Your autoscopy is so interesting. I love how you took off part of your face and replaced it with colorful flowers, it was such a nice touch. And not to mention the flowers were extreamly colorful that make it pop even more. I also like how you colored your eyebrows haha. The only advice I can give you is to maybe make the background a bit of a lighter color because i feel like your hair and the background kinda blend together. But good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Jacoby! I initially tried to change the background to a lighter color but it just didn’t look good in my opinion but i see what you mean!

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT I LOVE IT!

    You are always so creative, and I love the colors and patterns you chose, but I seriously love the flower behind the face look!!! If I had to make any edits (which I wouldn't want to, I love it as is!) I'd say maybe add something for your t-shirt, maybe more plant/nature type textures... But honestly I love this and hope that all this Covid stuff ends so you can go out into the world and enjoy the sun and life to its fullest again, you lil sunflower!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere Project

Business Cards